

Last week we took Camden to Primary Children's Hospital to see a urologist. He was born with very large testicles....his dad was proud! But it turns out he has been diagnosed with a communicating hydrocele. The only difference between that and an inguinal hernia is the size of the opening between the abdomen and the scrotum. The doctor wants to wait until he is at least 6 months old before performing surgery to repair this congenital condition. Why the need for surgery??? Because if the opening gets any bigger the bowels will be able to fall down into the scrotum.....that wouldn't be pretty. Apparently it is a pretty common condition and will be a same day surgery, so it's not too invasive. Of course nothing is non-invasive to The Mother!
Oh my goodness!! Like you don't have enough to deal with!!! Keep us posted. Can't wait to see you all next month!!!
ReplyDeletePoor buddy! You poor girl, seriously!? I hope everything goes well for both you and him, and that he will recover quickly! :D
ReplyDeleteOh poor thing - and poor you! I am sorry. I agree nothing "minor" or "common" is easy for the mom! What a very unpleasant situation :) Hope it goes well and I can't wait to see you guys next month at the reunion!
ReplyDeleteOur little Brandon had that--he was about a year though--same thing--hernia deal!! I was TERRIFIED!! But it really ended up not being that bad!! Came home and headed straight up the stairs---obviously wasn't too sore!! :) Good luck--not fun news I know!! Hang in there!!
ReplyDeletePoor little guy...But worse for you I think! I hope everything goes well!
ReplyDeleteawww. You have way to much crazy stuff going on girlfriend!! Sending Love and Prayers your way!!!
ReplyDelete