They removed the ventilator! Porter is breathing on his own! He is fully awake too. He has a c-pap to help him get enough oxygen and has to keep the neck brace on for 2 more weeks, as they did find ligament injuries. He cried out "mom" when they removed the vent and Melanie said whenever the doctors or nurses approach his bed he says "no no". Isn't that the cutest thing ever?
He's going to stay in the PICU for another day or two so that he will continue to have a nurse with him 24/7 in the event that he codes again. I feel like everyday has been a struggle and then this afternoon it's changed so much for the good. I can't wait to go and see him again!! Way to huss Porter!!
Oh and in response to everyone's question, I am feeling a little bit better today. I've been sick this past week and stressed to the point of a nervous breakdown. Ok I thought I was ok, but my family told me otherwise. So what if I stay in bed for days? lol. In all seriousness my headaches have gone down, swelling has gone down, so I'm sure my blood pressure has too! I'm just going to stay away from stairs!!
Mindie~
ReplyDeleteI have been in Cali. I had no idea about your nephew. Please know I will be keeping you all in my prayers.Love you cheeka and I am hoping for the best for the little Porter!
Mindie I am so so sorry to hear about your nephew! I pray that all will be well and know that I am praying for you and your nephew and family!
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping me updated. I've been so worried for Porter (and all of you/family). I'll keep praying, please let me know if I can help in any way. love you
ReplyDeletehum I think my last comment didn't work :(
ReplyDeleteI'll try again later :(
oh sure...my practice one worked...but not my long one that meant something...ugh
ReplyDeleteAnyhew
just cked Mel's blog...yipeeee!!!!
that is so exciting!
I was going to comment on Mel's but thought she would wonder who the heck I was?!!! so anyways sounds like things are looking up...I am so so glad. Having his own room will be sooooooo nice!
As always...love your guts!
Natalie