Jul 4, 2009

Camden McIff Boothe



Here he is! I spent all day at the hospital yesterday, pacing the halls, having regular contractions but I just wasn't dialating. Finally at 4:00 pm my doctor checked me again and said that my water hadn't broken all the way and it caused it to pool, blocking Camden from coming down. He broke my water for the second time and within 26 minutes I pushed Camden out. No epidural, no nurse, no doctor.....Chris and my sister Melanie caught the baby when he came out! It was the fastest delivery Fillmore Hospital has ever had. I went from being dialated at a 6 to a 10 in 20 minutes including the delivery. Camden is healthy, I accomplished my goal of having a natural birth, no pain meds, and we are home today doing good!

Oh he weighed 8 lbs. even and is 19 1/2 inches long! We haven't heard him cry yet either....he was so brave during his circ and PKU. He is tough and so mellow. He loves his binky too!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is soooo cute and I can’t believe all of that hair he has, you guys did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo CUTE!! Wow--your whole delivery story is AMAZING!! NICE work! Now you need to relax and snuggle that cute baby boy!! I love the name Camden by the way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Min! Congrats! Your one tough cookie!! He's adorable, so sweet and tiny - even at 8lbs. :) I hope all continues to go well. Thanks for keeping us informed! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! What a doll! So now my question is, what are your thoughts on natural delivery vs epidural? I'm curious if you'd choose to do it again natural. I'm glad everything went well and that you have another healthy darling boy. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! You are so BRAVE!!!!! I can't believe that story....There is no way I could have done that!!!! What a story to tell when he is an adult!!! I'm so appy for you!!! Sounds like you are in heaven and so happy!!! Love your guts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He is so adorable! What a woman! I don't know that I could have done that, but I guess you didn't really have choice! Wow, glad all are well and healthy, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats!! you go chick natural and all!! he is adorable i want to squeeze him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!! What a Perfect addition!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete